2009年7月19日日曜日

Personal Spaces

1. You’re talking to a co-worker. How close do you stand?

It depends on the person, but I would stand 1 or 2 m away.

2. You’re talking to a friend. Do you touch each other?

I am sure to touch if she or he is one of my best friends to show my interest or friendliness.

3. Look at the diagram of a waiting. Where do you sit when you enter?

I probably prefer sitting at the corner.

4. You’re in a crowded elevator. Where do you look?

I would drop my eyes to avoid being looked from others or look at the numbers.
I might stop talking if I talk with someone.

5. You’re standing in line. How close do you stand to the person in front?

I would keep the proper distance, that is 1 or 2 metres away.

6. You get on the bus. There is an empty row of seats at the back, and an empty seat close by. Where do you sit?

I really prefer sitting at the back of the bus especially window seat!

7. You’re in a library and there’s an empty seat beside you. Do you want to stop someone sitting there? If so, how?

Yes! I would put my bags on the seat or say 'My friend is coming.' to stop someone sitting there.

8. You’re going to the beach. Do you like to see lots of people or very few?

I prefer seeing very few people because I think that is more comfortable to swim. I do not like any places that is too crowded.

9. When you’re talking to someone, do you look them in the eye?

Yes, I try to look people in the eye. That leads us to be polite and involved in the speaker.

10. You’re on a train. Do you talk to the other passengers?

No, I would not talk with someone if I do not have any problems.

3 件のコメント:

  1. hey chuck!
    i want you to ask about no.7.
    it means that you lie to keep the seat??

    返信削除
  2. I thought about no.7 as same as BECKY.
    You mean you tell a lie, don't you?
    It is not good...I think.

    返信削除
  3. Hi:)

    I want to ask a question about no.10.
    If someone who you don't know talk you, do you answer it?

    返信削除